Robotic Day is an international event for presentation and promotion of robotics, for example:
- • Contests for robots prepared by the event participants
- • Art presentations related to robotics
- • Presentation of student projects regardless on the school type
- • Presentation of companies which concern on robotics and related areas
- • Teams' Workshop for the teams to meet and discuss their solutions without the competition rush
Date and place
- • Robotic Day Competitions will be held on June 21, 2014 in Prague, Czech Republic. The exact address will be announced later.
- • Robotic Day Teams' Workshop will be held one day after the contests (June 22) at Charles University, Prague. Registration for the workshop is included in contest registration (non-competing visitors can register via email).
||Rules and FAQ
|Art, Robots & Entertainment
||Open contest for art / robotics / entertainment - art used in robotics, robots used in art, entertainment robotics, ...
|Bear Rescue Beginner
||Find the bear and bring it home as fast as possible
|Bear Rescue Advanced
||Collect more cans than the opponent in the ketchup store
||Follow black line and run over the course as fast as possible
||Push the opponent off the playing field
||Be faster than fellow robots in a course race
|All contest have also the "construction kit" variant.
||The robot is fully built using a selected construction kit
- • All contests are open to participants from any country.
- • There is no age limit for the contests.
- • Regarding the ongoing negotiation with foreign organisers of similar events, it is possible the event contests will be extended.
- • Do you have something robot-related you could show? Let us know!
- • During the Robotic day, there will be a possibility for the companies to show what they do. It can be in the form of scheduled demo, in a stand, during the on-stage company presentation etc. Please contact us to discuss more: web form.
- • In addition to contests, there will be also student project presentations held at Robotic Day. If you want to present something, contact us using the web form.
- • In connection with the contest, the Team's Workshop will be held. Its programme will be influenced mainly by you - the workshop is here for you to discuss and debate with other teams without the competition rush. Use this opportunity to "show off" your robot as well as hear from the others. Ideally, you should present the basic concept of your robot, its HW and SW, interesting technical details and good or bad experiences etc. It will not be graded, it is held for the robotic community to transfer the knowledge and experiences and make contacts. It is very useful that if you fight with something, someone else helps as he did that already before.
If needed, computer & data projector will be availabe for presentations (pdf, ppt etc.)
- • If you want to sponsor the event or help with the organisation, please contact us by email contect address or directly using the contacts below.
Current status: 152 robots and 235 participants from 5 countries. 90 participants (30 teams) registered for the Teams' Workshop.
|Art, Robots & Entertainment||10|
|Bear Rescue Beginner||13|
Recent editions of Robotic Day:
Robotic day 2013 (178 participants from 6 countries; 120 robots)
Robotic day 2012 (126 participants from 5 countries; 82 robots)
Deeper Robotic Day history: here
Selected Czech robotic pages:
International Robot Performance Festival "Cafe Neu Romance" in Prague: http://cafe-neu-romance.com (November 26-29, Prague)
Straightforward With Robots: http://kufr.cz (May 17, 2014, Písek)
RoboOrienteering: http://robotika.vosrk.cz/roboorienteering (June 7, 2014, Rychnov nad Kněžnou)
Robotour: http://robotika.cz/competitions/robotour/en (September 20, 2014, Plzeň/Pilzen)
For more information, please send us an email: (contact placeholder) or contact Dr. David Obdrzalek at (kontakt), tel. (+420) 221 914 270 or (+420) 728 606 425.
Do you want to cooperate and support or sponsor the Robotic Day or other robotic activities? Please contact us!
David Obdržálek, Charles University, Prague