Charles University, Prague Faculty of Mathematics and Physics and
Robotic day is over
We would like to thank all participants, visitors, supporters and sponsors. Next edition will be announced as usually during autumn.
Contest results will be published here. Sorry for delays, we faced severe technical issues.
Teams' workshop On SUNDAY JUNE 9 from 10am, the Team's Workshop will be held. Its programme will be influenced mainly by you - the workshop is here for you to discuss and debate with other teams without the competition rush. Use this opportunity to "show off" your robot as well as hear from the others. Ideally, you should present the basic concept of your robot, its HW and SW, interesting technical details and good or bad experiences etc. It will not be graded, it is held for the robotic community to transfer the knowledge and experiences and make contacts. It is very useful that if you fight with something, someone else helps as he did that already before.
If needed, computer & data projector will be availabe for presentations (pdf, ppt etc.)
Place: Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Malostranské náměstí 25, 2nd floor right, room S8
Start: Sunday June 9, 2013 10:00am; end - when we end
Bring your robot with you!
Visegrad Robotics Workshop Sunday 9 - Tuesday 11 -- Visegrad Robotics Workshop. Programme: PDF Internal info: here
June 04: Because of the floods which are now striking all over Czech Republic, please find
the following information:
* Neither the hall, neither the university building where the Teams' Workshop and the Visegrad Robotics Workshop are
supposed to be organized were affected by the floods.
* Even we had some severe problems, Robotic day WILL BE HELD. Because of the complications, there will be some little changes, but the general scheme remains as
Saturday 8 -- contests
Sunday 9 -- Teams' Workshop
Sunday 9 - Tuesday 11 -- Visegrad Robotics Workshop. Programme: PDF
If you still and all wish to participate, contact us. For a nice homemade cake, we could turn a blind eye to it ;-)
Robotic Day place
Robotic Day 2013 will be held at the same place like last year, in "Arena Sparta", Podvinný mlýn / Kovanecká, Praha 9. Open for public 10-17, free entrance.
Ketchup House rules update
Based on experiences gained during Istrobot contest in Bratislava, we have decided to update the Ketchup House rules:
Randomly placed cans can be placed at all position pairs in columns B, C, and D (i.e. B1+D5, B2+D4, B3+D3, B4+D2, B5+D1, C1+C5).
In addition to the 4 cans (2 fixed and 2 random), there will be a fifth can placed at one of the free positions in columns B, C, or D.
If the robot picks one of the randomly placed cans and departs with it for at least one square, new ketchup will be placed at the cross. This may be repeated until the maximum of 12 cans total is reached.
The changes are already compiled into the rules linked below.
You can discuss the Robotic Day, the contests, rules etc. in the forum.
10th Edition - 2013
Robotic Day is an international event for presentation and promotion of robotics, for example:
• Contests for robots prepared by the event participants
• Art presentations related to robotics
• Presentation of student projects regardless on the school type
• Presentation of companies which concern on robotics and related areas
Date: • 8 June 2013, open for public 10-17, free entrance
• Rules of all contests can be downloaded here: PDF.
• General FAQ is in the forum.
• Similarly to previous years, all contests in 2013 are open to Czech as well foreign participants.
• There is no age limit for the contests.
• Regarding the ongoing negotiation with foreign organisers of similar events, it is possible the event contests will be extended.
Do you have something robot-related you could show? Let us know!
• All registered robots / art pieces will be invited for the Robotic Day event to compete.
• Proposals for demos, stands, company presentations shall be sent by email to contact email or using the web form.
• If you want to sponsor the event or help with the organisation, please contact us by email contect address or directly using the contacts below.
Robotics in Education Conference and Robotour contest • After previous successfull editions, Charles University co-organizes again in 2013 the Fourth International "Robotics in Education" Conference on 19-20 September 2013.
Besides the eareas concerning the use of robotics in education, the conference topics cover robotic contests too. Therefore we can recommend our participants to join this conference too. Please check http://www.rie2013.eu or 2012 edition at http://www.rie2012.eu (held in Prague).